PLEASE NOTE: we refer you to our standard terms and conditions for the legal position regarding RMA returns. By returning a product to DataSoft Srl you accept these terms.
- If our product is not working as you expect, we recommend that you contact us in the first instance for support, since many issues that may first appear as hardware faults, are actually installation or set-up problems and can normally be resolved without having to ship any hardware back to us. This route is therefore often the quickest, easiest and cheapest way of solving the problems that you are experiencing. Please email email@example.com. It’s important to send us same detail regarding the failure as possible (for example: system description, signal types, input or output resolutions and any other relevant background information).
- It is essential for you to know the serial number of the product(s) when contacting us.
- Detailed explanation of the fault will help us to better identify the problem and will direct additional focused testing if necessary. We will then issue an “RMA Number” to you.
- At the time that the “RMA Number” is issued we will inform you of the warranty status of the product and the cost of the repair, if appropriate – see paragraph (b) below. The product should then be returned, at your cost, to DataSoft Srl following the steps below.
- There are 4 possible scenarios when a product is returned to us:
- The product is in warranty and is either found to be genuinely faulty or no fault is found. In these cases, the product will be repaired as necessary, or replaced by a new or previously repaired product, and returned to you at our cost.
- The product is out of warranty and is found to be faulty. The product if possible will be repaired or replaced at fixed cost, as stated in the RMA authorisation email. To cover this payment, you will be required to either provide a Purchase Order, when the product is returned to us. (However, we will not issue an invoice until the repair has been completed and is about to be returned to you)
- The product is in warranty but is found to be damaged by mis-use. This will be treated as (b) above.
- The product is out of warranty and is obsolete. In the unlikely situation that the product can be neither repaired nor replaced, because some of it’s components are obsolete and we have no swap-out stock left, then the product will either be returned to you, or disposed of at your request, with no charge.PLEASE NOTE: DataSoft Srl will not accept responsibility for the safety, integrity or secruity of any programmes, data or other content held on hard drives or any other type of re-writable media which is sent to us either separately or as part of any equipment returned to us for repair or for any other purpose. Customers are advised to take back-ups of anything that they deem to be valuable or important before returning the equipment to us and anything which is confidential should be erased from the media before it’s returned.
- Once the RMA Number has been issued, you need to raise your Purchase Order, and return the product to: DataSoft Srl, Via Primo Maggio, 18 – 20024 Garbagnate Milanese (MI) – Italy- securely packed and with the RMA Number clearly displayed on the outside of the box. To prevent unnecessary carriage and handling please only send back products or accessory items you believe to be faulty.
- Please ensure that where possible the original packaging, or similar, is used to help prevent the possibility of transit damage. Unfortunately transit damaged products received by DataSoft could result in the loss of warranty and chargeable repairs; it may also delay the process.
- In the case of paragraph (c) above, the fixed charge will be levied after we have seen the product and identified the mis-use. In this case we will request you to issue a purchase order beofre any repairs are completed.
- Our standard policy is to return the repair (or swap-out) to you within 10 days of receipt.